Living in almost eight years in America, I became an active participant in local communities there. So many of my new family of friends expressed keen interest in the culture of South America. In response to this interest I wrote Latinoamérica Sabores y Saberes / Latinamerica Cuisine & Culture.
Experience & jobs fields
Experienced in writing ad script, editorial pieces, press releases, research reports, and creative print/radio ad copy in Spanish. Well-versed in copy editing and proofreading in Spanish, most recently as editor for a Spanish Newsletter and Spanish editor for the Carpetbag Theatre bilingual newsletter. Skilled in English language; familiarity with virtually all writing styles; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
Experienced (15 years) in Spanish freelance writing, editing, and proofreading.
Buenos Aires - Argentina
• Spanish Teacher • Social Psychologist - Mass Media studies
• Creativity and Marketing seminars (Edward del Bono, Peter Drucker)
• ONG and Non Proffit seminars and training • Command Spanish certified Professional
Experience 1978 – 2000
• Lintas Advertising
• WJ Thompson: I wrote advertising and radio programs for Kodak (El color de la vida) and Ford (Felizmente Ford)
• Ratto/BBDO: senior copywriter for Editorial Atlántida, Colección Libro Elegido, Para Ti and Billiken.
• Dreyfus Advertising: I created copy and commercial films. I won a Gold Pencil award for Casa de Troya and Heladeras Patrick
• COLOR SA: senior copywriter for Max Factor, Elizabeth Arden, Puig, Maybelline (Argentina) • Miss Ylang: I created the Argentinean image and press releases for this Argentinean cosmetic line. Currently, Miss Ylang is Miss Ylang/Maybelline by L’oreal 1990 - 2000 Buenos Aires - Argentina Advertising and Press Releases Clients • Miss Ylang
• IAC Computer Education
• Pizza Hut
• Craveri Laboratories
• Solidarity Net (ONG) Not-for-Profit Organization
• Drimer Chocolates
• Vantage Pharmacies Solidarity Net (Red Solidaria)volunteer -
2000 – 2004 Tennessee - USA
• Created “The Spanish Touch” - bilingual newspaper
• Edited HOLA, Hora Latina, monthly newsletter
• Worked as Associate Editor for Mundo Hispano
•Taught Spanish at Roanne State College, HUD, Carpetbag Theatre
• Carpetbag Theater Newsletter (Spanish edition)
• Carpetbag Theater Bilingual coordinator between the Hispanic and Afroamerican communities
2004 - 2007 Argentina
• Wrote the bilingual book Latinoamérica Sabores y Saberes/ Latin America Cuisines & Culture
• Accesit Award Metrovías (The Metro), for Love Letters concourse
• Websites development
• Wrote bilingual greeting cards collection: Thinking of you
• Blog: http://www.learnspanishonlinelive.com/
• Dr. Angel H. Roffo Oncologic Institute volunteer. Press Release area. Las voluntarias del árbol. The tree volunteers.
Microsoft Office • Internet research; blogs & websites development
Areas of interest
Internet, yoga, meditation, addictions treatment, non profit associations, solidarity, music.
My writing accents: the positive side of the human nature